Pancreatic Cancer Action complaints procedure

How to make a complaint

Your views are very important to us and we take any feedback that we receive very seriously. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our work, we would like to hear about it. Your comments help us to learn and improve our service. We always thank people who contact us about their problems, concerns or worries.

Our definition of a complaint

We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction with Pancreatic Cancer Action (PCA) including the services we provide and/or the behaviour of any member of staff.

How to complain to Pancreatic Cancer Action

Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email or letter so that we can get back in touch with you easily.

We will endeavour to respond fully and conclusively to all complaints within ten working days. Wherever possible, we will deal with it more quickly than that, and if we think it will take longer, we will let you know.

You can contact us in whichever way is most convenient to you and we will respond by the same method unless you tell us otherwise. Our staff are ready to help you over the phone, by email or letter.

From experience we have found that the best way to resolve a problem is by telephone. This way we can make sure that we fully understand the issue and can gather the information we need to resolve the problem in a fast and effective way.

What we will do

We will work to fix problems, correct mistakes and address concerns in a fair way. Please feel free when contacting us about a complaint, to let us know how you think it could be resolved. We want to reach the best possible outcome.

We will always treat you with courtesy and respect, listen to what you say, keep you informed about our progress, provide you will a prompt response and tell you who to go to if you want to escalate your complaint further.

From time to time we receive complaints that do not relate directly to something that PCA has done or that we are not in a position to comment on. We are a charity with limited resources and we must use these in the best way possible.

This can mean not engaging in lengthy debates on issues that are unrelated to PCA’s work.

There may be rare occasions when we chose not to respond to a complaint at all. These include:

Who else can help?

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, your complaint will be referred to a more senior member of staff who will try to resolve your problem.

PCA is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. If your complaint is to do with fundraising and you feel that it has been unresolved by us, then the FRSB can investigate your complaint.

Fundraising Standards Board
65 Brushfield Street
London E1 6AA

Tel: 0333 321 8803

If you consider that the issue is serious and you do not feel completely satisfied by our response, you can contact the Charity Commission, which can investigate in circumstances where there is a serious risk of harm to the charity, its assets or the people it is set up to benefit.

You can complain to the Charity Commission using their online complaint form at

Or you can contact them by telephone: Charity Commission First Contact – 0845 300 0218