Volunteer Community Ambassador
We are looking for Community Volunteers to represent the charity and help us reach as many people as possible when spreading awareness of pancreatic cancer and supporting PCA with our vital work by raising funds.
Flexible dependant on volunteer’s availability
What the role involves:
- Inspiring local community businesses to take part in campaigns such as “Bake It Purple” or “PJ’s for PanCan”.
- Holding awareness stands in your local area.
- Give short awareness talks in your local community.
- Distribute our bespoke healthcare information to Pharmacies and GP surgeries.
- Promote and manage our collection tin(s) within your community. Empty, record and bank the collections.
- Attend cheque presentations and thank fundraisers in person on behalf of PCA.
- Organise bucket collections and handing out information about pancreatic cancer in your local area.
Who are we looking for?
Anyone can apply to be a Volunteer Community Ambassador however these skills and attributes will help in this role.
- Confident communication skills with individuals and groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Reliable and professional demeanour.
- An honest and trustworthy nature.
What can we offer you?
- Resources to help you carry out your role.
- Ongoing support from the fundraising team.
- Regular updates about the charity and the difference you are helping us make.
- Access to our Volunteers Facebook page where you receive immediate updates and share ideas and stories with fellow volunteers.