South West Coast 2 Coast Challenge
Take on this NEW challenge across England's South West Peninsular. It's 100KM from Minehead in Somerset on the south bank of the Bristol Channel, down to seaside Dawlish on the southern coast of Devon, with some ups and downs of Exmoor and the meandering Exe Valley in between. You'll get full support all the way with marquee rest stops, free food and drink, and a huge welcome and celebration at the finish line after an amazing journey. With half and quarter distance options also, there's a South West Challenge for all!
Date: 24th – 25th July 2021
Distance: Full 100KM or Half 50KM or Quarter 25KM
What costs are involved?
|Charity Sponsorship||Mixed Funding||Self Funded|
|Full Challenge||£15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising||£99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising||£198 reg fee – no fundraising target|
|Half Challenge||£10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising||£64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising||£129 reg fee – no fundraising target|
|Quarter Challenge||£5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising||£39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising||£79 reg fee – no fundraising target|
Sign up with PCA to receive
- Ongoing support from our dedicated fundraising team before, during and after your event!
- A free fundraising pack including a PCA tshirt!
- Use of our online, interactive training hub: The PCA T-Zone
- Finishers certificate!
To be covid-compliant, our new measures include:
- Ultra Challenges – events hosted outdoors, in open space
- Staggered starting waves, in singles & pairs, meaning social distancing can be observed
- Expanded site & format for start, rest stops & finish lines
- Mandatory face-masks at all rest stops, with clear signage on when masks are required
- Hand sanitiser and expanded hygiene facilities
- Temperature checks on arrival & pre-screening for all participants
- All staff screened before each event
- Fully compliant with ALL current government guidelines, with scope to adapt to future amendments
- Action Challenge are continually liaising with councils & SAG groups
- A proven case study with the Chiltern 50 Challenge – described by a council safety official as “a model event” and will “show others how to do it”
- Action Challenge are leading from the front – innovating and evolving the model
- Ultra Challenges can be run in a Covid-secure way, that marathons and other mass participation events may struggle with