User guidelines and moderation policy
This website www.pancreaticcanceraction.org (the Website) relates to the charity Pancreatic Cancer Action (“PCA”). The use of the Website is governed by the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and contains information relevant to the UK.
Your participation in and use of this Website and PCA social media, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn, under the administrative control of PCA (“PCA Social Media”) constitutes acceptance of and agreement to these Terms and Conditions from the date of your first use of the Website.
PCA reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes to the Terms and Conditions online. Your continued use of this Website and PCA Social Media after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms and Conditions.
USER GUIDELINES AND MODERATION POLICY
This Website and any PCA Social Media under the administrative control of PCA provides an online community for users. These Terms and Conditions including the following Guidelines govern your use of the Website and PCA Social Media. ‘Use’ includes but is not limited to blog and forum posts, profile information, avatars, signatures and any other content placed by you or those associated with you on the Website or Social Media, and to your participation in the PCA online community in general. PCA does not accept responsibility for any user post or communication placed on the Website or PCA Social Media, or for the conduct of users of the Website or PCA Social Media.
These Guidelines detail the types of behaviour and activities that are permitted on the PCA Website and PCA Social Media. If a user violates these guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they risk their account being closed down. PCA reserves the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without prior warning or reference to the user. These Guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Interpretation of these Guidelines is at the discretion of PCA staff.
- PCA expect users to show respect towards all other users. Abusive behaviour, including offensive or threatening conduct whether directed at PCA staff or other users, will not be tolerated and such behaviour will be dealt with in a manner deemed appropriate by PCA including but not limited to deleting offensive material without prior notification to the user. In extreme circumstances PCA may ban offending users from using the Website and PCA Social Media.
- Users will refrain from posting inflammatory and defamatory comments. The PCA community is intended to be a forum in which discussion, ideas and experiences regarding pancreatic cancer can be shared. Users must respect the opinions and views of other users, even if it does not accord with your own.
- Because of the live nature of the discussions in this community, it is not always possible for PCA to review content before it is posted. If you believe that another user has violated our Terms and Conditions and Guidelines, or you identify content that you consider inappropriate or requiring our attention, to the moderator with a link to the content and a brief description of your concern.
- Whilst PCA is not responsible for the content of user posts, we will endeavour to monitor posts. If content is posted that is deemed to be inaccurate or misleading it will be removed without prior notification to the user.
- Users are not permitted to ‘cross post’, meaning posting the same information in two or more online locations. When posting a topic, please post it in the most appropriate place within the organisational structure of the PCA online community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
- Posting advertisements of any kind is not permitted. Posts that are deemed to promote a website, product or service will be considered advertising. This includes posts that send people to a website with which the user is in some way affiliated, regardless of whether it relates to a commercial, personal, non-profit or other website.
- All signature links must be kept in the user signature in the user file. You may only post a link to your site/a site with which you are in some way affiliated if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. In those circumstances link directly to the page in which the relevant information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to a site or it appears that you are seeking out threads relevant to your link in order to post it PCA may block you from using the Website or PCA Social Media.
- Posts to an affiliate URL that leads to earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, or other associated forms of sites is strictly prohibited, and will be removed immediately.
- Do not post personal real-life information including home addresses and home phone numbers. Any such posts will be removed.
- The Website forum and PCA Social Media is an English-speaking community and as such we require that content is posted in the English language to enable proper monitoring of content posted by Users.
- Posting vulgar language and inappropriate material is strictly prohibited and will be removed. Abbreviations, self-censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word-censoring feature of the community software also violates this Guideline. If your post contains content deemed censored by the software, you must remove that content, or the post will be removed. If you believe the censor to be acting in error, please
- PCA seek to maintain a family friendly atmosphere in this community. All users are required to observe this when using the Website and PCA Social Media.
- When linking to external websites, the link must be appropriate for the PCA community, and in line with these Terms and Conditions and Guidelines, even if a website is mentioned but not hyperlinked. If a link is posted which is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you shall be required to remove it immediately. All posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
- PCA endeavour to ensure that the information contained in its Website or PCA Social Media provides relevant, accurate and up-to-date information about pancreatic cancer and associated issues. Whilst PCA is not responsible for the content of posts by users of the Website and PCA Social Media, it will monitor the content of posts. If information is posted that is deemed by PCA not to be relevant, accurate or up-to-date the post will be removed without reference to the user.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites will be removed. This includes the posting of information that has been obtained illegally.
- Religious or political discussions, including discussions that may be deemed to be religious or political, are prohibited. Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
- Posting of copyrighted materials including but not limited to articles, videos and audio that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute is not permitted. With regard to posting articles it is usually permissible to quote no more than 1/5 of the text of an article provided a link to the source (if online) or a reference to the source (if offline) is given and the post does not infringe any of these Guidelines or Terms and Conditions. Posting an entire article, even with the source properly referenced, constitutes copyright infringement and will be removed. PCA take no responsibility for the third party posting of copyright infringed work.
- Posting hotlinks to any content including but not limited to images, videos, files and audio is prohibited. Hotlinking is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into the post. Any posts of this nature will be removed.
- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
- PCA do not delete the user accounts of Users who have left the Website or PCA Social Media. Perpetual publishing rights are granted to PCA in respect of all content posted by the User on the Website and PCA Social Media upon posting.
- A user may request the removal of an item at any time. Removal of an item will be at the discretion of PCA. If you do not wish to be identified with the PCA community, please to request closure of your account. Upon receiving a request for account closure from a user, PCA will alter the user profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, the user will no longer be able to participate in the PCA community. Account closure is irreversible.
- PCA Moderators have the final say in respect of all matters arising from these Guidelines and Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with a Moderator’s decision please by private message with an outline of the objection to the decision. If your post has been removed and you would like a copy of it to amend and repost, please who will provide you with a copy insofar as you have not been asked to remove the post completely without amendment. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted.
- PCA endeavours to act responsibly and in a timely fashion with regard to complaints and problems. All complaints will be handled according to the Complaints Handling Policy in force at the time of the complaint. Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites such as the PCA Website and PCA Social Media.
Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else contained on our Website? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? We are very happy to receive your feedback, suggestions, compliments as well as any complaints that you may have. No matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for visiting our Pancreatic Cancer Action community.