How to set up a virtual fundraising event
If you're unsure how to set up a virtual fundraising event, we've put together some tips to help you.
How to set up a virtual event:
- Establish what type of “event” you would like to host – think about what you can do from the comfort of your own home
- Create a list of people you’d like to invite
- Set up the platform you would like to fundraise on e.g. Just Giving, GoFundMe
- Organise how your “event” is going to be held – will there be a specific time or are people able to participate whenever they like?
- Invite people to take part – we recommend asking people to donate £2-5 per person
- And finally, enjoy, stay safe and have fun!
Equipment you may need to hold a virtual event:
- Mobile phone
Where can I ask people to donate virtually?
Pancreatic Cancer Action works with various fundraising platforms, which all offer different options for everyone’s needs. You can find out more about them and which one would work best for you by clicking on the link below.
Where can I set up my virtual fundraising event?
You can set up your own virtual event on whatever social media platform you like.
Think about whether a Twitter Chat or a Facebook/Instagram Live event, or a Skype/Zoom call would work for you and your guests.
Take a look at the options below to work out which would work best for you.
Get in touch
If you’ve got any questions or ideas, you’d like to discuss then please do get in touch with the fundraising team. We love hearing your ideas and are on hand to give you all the guidance you need! Email firstname.lastname@example.org