Lake District Challenge
Walk, jog or run the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside at your pace. Test yourself on a fantastic Ultra Challenge - suitable for all experience levels - and you'll get the best support and hospitality all the way. Our Challenge Base Camp is in Kendal. From there it's a 100KM anticlockwise loop taking in a couple of tough hills, Ambleside, a half-way point by Lake Windermere, forests and nature reserves. With some stunning views en route, you'll reach a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp after a momentous journey. Half and Quarter distance options also available!
12th/13th June 2021
Distance: Full 100KM or Half 50KM or Quarter 25KM
What costs are involved?
|Charity Sponsorship||Mixed Funding||Self Funded|
|Full Challenge||£15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising||£99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising||£198 reg fee – no fundraising target|
|Half Challenge||£10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising||£64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising||£129 reg fee – no fundraising target|
|Quarter Challenge||£5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising||£39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising||£79 reg fee – no fundraising target|
Sign up with PCA to receive
- Ongoing support from our dedicated fundraising team before, during and after your event!
- A free fundraising pack including a PCA tshirt!
- Use of our online, interactive training hub: The PCA T-Zone
- Finishers certificate!
To be covid-compliant, our new measures include:
- Ultra Challenges – events hosted outdoors, in open space
- Staggered starting waves, in singles & pairs, meaning social distancing can be observed
- Expanded site & format for start, rest stops & finish lines
- Mandatory face-masks at all rest stops, with clear signage on when masks are required
- Hand sanitiser and expanded hygiene facilities
- Temperature checks on arrival & pre-screening for all participants
- All staff screened before each event
- Fully compliant with ALL current government guidelines, with scope to adapt to future amendments
- Action Challenge are continually liaising with councils & SAG groups
- A proven case study with the Chiltern 50 Challenge – described by a council safety official as “a model event” and will “show others how to do it”
- Action Challenge are leading from the front – innovating and evolving the model
- Ultra Challenges can be run in a Covid-secure way, that marathons and other mass participation events may struggle with