Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award
Click here to get your Turn it Purple Pharmacy pack!
Every November pharmacies across the UK have taken part in our Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month campaign, Turn it Purple, to help us raise awareness of the disease amongst their local communities. This year, we are awarding one pharmacy with our new Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award to reward their dedication to the cause.
The award will be given to a pharmacy team that demonstrates the best commitment to both raising awareness of pancreatic cancer amongst the public and furthering their own education on pancreatic cancer.
Pharmacists and their support staff are well placed to identify key signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer by engaging with patients and by the medications prescribed and bought over the counter. Pharmacy plays a crucial role in aiding early diagnosis, which can significantly improve a patient’s chance of survival.
Pancreatic cancer is currently the UK’s fifth biggest cancer killer with one person dying every hour. However, new research shows that by 2026 it will become on the the UK’s top 4 cancer killers and by 2015, deaths form pancreatic cancer are predicted to be 25% higher than breast cancer in the EU.
Taking part in Turn it Purple is fun way to engage with the team and the local community and raise much needed awareness of pancreatic cancer. Every pharmacy who enters the award will receive a certificate of recognition to display in their pharmacy.
Order your Free Turn it Purple pharmacy pack
This includes everything you need to get you started. Including, purple t-shirts, an award toolkit, awareness materials, fun props and much more.
Click here to get your Turn it Purple Pharmacy pack.
Raise awareness of pancreatic cancer within your pharmacy and the wider community
Pancreatic cancer suffers from a chronic lack of awareness across the UK, by handing out information, holding an information stand and dressing up purple you can help raise vital awareness of the cause. You can be as creative as you like, here are some ideas:
- Wear purple for the day
- Hold and information stand or display leaflets. Click here to order your free awareness materials
- Have a look at our guide on getting your pharmacy in the press and how to the get the most out of social media.
- Fundraising activities – this year we are trying to raise £10,000 towards early diagnosis research! Click here to find out how you can help
- For more Turn it Purple you can click here and of course, order a free Turn it Purple pharmacy pack!
Further your own education on pancreatic cancer
One or more members of the pharmacy team must take the e-learning module on pancreatic cancer to be eligible for the award. The module will help you to understand the key role you can play in spotting symptoms of pancreatic cancer to help improve early diagnosis.
It takes just 10 minutes to complete and there is one for pharmacists and for pharmacy support staff. It is also accredited by the national Pharmacy Association.
Click here for more information and to take the e-learning modules on pancreatic cancer.
All you have to do is fill in and submit an online form letting us know what you have done to raise the profile of pancreatic cancer during Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month.
The form will be on this page and will be available to view shortly.
Every pharmacy that takes part in the campaign and enters the award will receive a certificate of recognition to display in their pharmacy! The winner will relieve…
- The ‘Turn it Purple’ Pharmacy of the Year Award and PCA ‘goody bag’
- Publicity in leading pharmacy magazines which will be received by all UK pharmacies
- Recognition across Pancreatic Cancer Action’s social media channels and website with an average reach of 75,000 people a week
- A profile on your pharmacy in Pancreatic Cancer Action’s Action Magazine and Turn it Purple toolkit 2019.