Hold a collection or awareness stand
If you are willing to give up a few hours of your time, holding a collection is not only a great way to raise funds but also to raise much needed awareness within your community!
Where to have your collection:
There are lots of places that you can collect funds for us such as your local high street, a local sporting event, train station supermarket or shopping centre.
Supermarkets are a great place to hold a collection stand. Tesco have an easy application process which can be found here.
What type of collection:
There are many different forms of charitable collections, and all have different rules associated with them. Some of the most common are:
- Street collections – If you are holding a collection in the street, you will need to obtain a licence, either from your local authority, or if in greater London, the Metropolitan Police
- Private collections – If your collection is still open to the public, but being held on private property such as within a shopping centre or rail station, you must obtain permission from the landowner or manager
- Static collection boxes – Boxes must be secure and tamper proof. You do not need a licence to place these in a shop or business, just permission from the business owner
- House-to-house collections – Licences must be obtained from the relevant local authority or Metropolitain Police
Remember to take lots of photos of your collection day or awareness stand, share them on social media and send them to us!
Tag us in your social media posts on Facebook @pancreaticcanceraction on Twitter with @OfficialPCA or Instagram @pancreatic_cancer_action
The Collection pack:
We can provide you all the materials you will need and advice you on how to obtain licences.
Our awareness collection pack will include:
- Official volunteer badges
- Awareness posters
- Merchandise (on a sale or return basis)
- Other items such as wigs and hoodies are available to purchase through our shop!
If you would like to hold an awareness collection please fill out this from and we will be in touch.