Royal Parks Half Marathon October 2017
Royal Parks Half Marathon – October 2017
The sign up deadline for this has now passed. If you are interested in taking part in the 2018 race please contact [email protected]
Date: 8th October 2017
Minimum fundraise: £350
Run the Royal Parks for Pancreatic Cancer Action!
Race day involves so much more than just a run through central London! There will be a host of activities and attractions on show within the food and fitness area to keep your friends and family entertained whilst they wait to cheer you across the finish line.
Your Royal Parks Half Marathon entry includes:
From Pancreatic Cancer Action –
- a training t-shirt/running vest
- a fundraising pack with advice to make your fundraising easy and fun.
- support and encouragement from the our team throughout your training and on the big day
From the Royal Parks Foundation –
- Your medal, food and drink, and a goody bag with a souvenir race
- T- shirt and other products.
- A few days after your race you can expect to receive the race results and a selection of photographs taken around the course of you in action – which will be excellent mementoes!
Set up your online fundraising page – Just Giving
Download some of our fundraising material to help with your fundraising!
Equipment and what to wear
To start your training, basic shorts and a t-shirt and/or sweatshirt is pretty much all you need. There is an excellent range of running-specific kit available that will keep you dry, will help you to avoid any chafing problems and will be light and comfortable to wear – but to begin with you’ll probably find that you already own enough gear to get you started. However, one area of kit where you shouldn’t compromise is on training shoes – and it is certainly worth investing in a proper pair of running-specific trainers. Seek out a specialist retailer who can give you advice and, if necessary, assess your gait, so that you can find the most suitable shoe for your running style. Remember that a good pair of running shoes is an investment in comfort and injury prevention, and will repay you again and again long after your initial outlay.
We do recommend training for this event. Try walking or running this distance prior to the day of the event. This will give you an idea of what to expect.