London to Brighton Charity Bike Ride
Date: 15th September 2019
Start – Clapham Common, London
Finish – Maderia Drive, Brighton
Registration Fee: £45
Sponsorship Level: £150
Register today: if you are interested in taking part in the 2019 event please email
The Doitforcharity.com London to Brighton Cycle Ride is a fundraising challenge starting in London and finishing on the Brighton sea front. Over 4000 people are expected to take part raising funds for hundreds of different charities. Now this is your chance to join them to raise funds and support Pancreatic Cancer Action.
You will start the challenge in South London and finally to Brighton having completed 54 miles!
No previous experience is required however preparation for this event is highly recommended. With a bit of training completing this event should easily be within your capabilities. The spirit of the event is ‘taking part’ not ‘winning’. You go as fast or as slow as you like and therefore anyone over the age of 16 can take part.
What you will receive from Skyline:
- Free buffet lunch: This takes place at 29 miles in the picturesque village of Turners Hill. Your supporters can eat as much as they like from our delicious pastas to our famous carrot cake!
- Free water stops: These take place at 21 miles in the morning and 46 miles at the top of Ditchling Beacon – a well-deserved rest and refresh.
- Full mechanical support: We have four stationary mechanic points. However if you are unlucky enough to experience difficulties in between those points we also have roaming mechanics too – you can just give us a call!
- Fully signed route: No need for you to be looking at a map – our route is fully sign-posted so that you can keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the wonderful surrounding countryside.
- and lastly, Pre-event support: Cyclists can call our friendly London to Brighton team who will be able to help them out with all of your questions including fundraising and training advice.
What you will receive from Pancreatic Cancer Action:
- PCA branded cycle jersey
- Fundraising pack full of tips and advice
- Ongoing support from our dedicated fundraising team
How can I raise the sponsorship money?
We ask you to raise a minimum of £150 to take part in the Doitforcharity Cycle Ride. The reason for this is that places are extremely limited and we obviously want maximum benefit from the places we have been allocated. However, you shouldn’t find it difficult to raise this money, after all you don’t cycle 50+ miles every day do you?! One top tip is to ask employers to match everything you raise pound for pound.
You can create your own personal fundraising page on JustGiving.com