How to turn your town purple
Just by paying them a personal visit, telling them about the charity and our aims, we’ve had an overwhelming response from them to taking part.
Over 80 businesses have already agreed to raise awareness in November.
Why should you do it?
- Raising awareness of pancreatic cancer in your local town.
- Building your networks in your local community to make a vital difference to the work of Pancreatic Cancer Action.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
What you need to do?
Just by being friendly to everyone you speak to and allowing your passion for raising awareness to be your focus, most businesses will be keen to support the cause.
- Contact via phone or in person a selection of shops/businesses in the local area and ask them to take part by:
- displaying posters
- putting up bunting and balloons
- putting a collection tin and leaflets at the checkout
- Use our Generic flyer for purple week to give out to the shops you might not have a chance to visit or ask friends to distribute them for you.
- Take orders for posters, leaflets, bunting, balloons and fundraising tins.
- Collecting money raised by local shops and businesses once their awareness drive is over.
What support we will give you?
We can arrange for any awareness raising material to be sent directly to the participating business or to you directly.
We can help draft a press release to raise awareness of your town going purple to send to your local paper.
If you need any advice, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0303 040 1770 or email@example.com.