Turn It Purple 2019
Well done and thank you to all those who have taken part in 2019’s Turn It Purple!
We’ve been loving all the photos everyone has shared so far – whether you’ve been raising funds at work, lighting up buildings or even just raising general awareness with Turn it Purple!
Whatever you have done to take part this month, you have all been amazing and we cannot thank you enough! So to give you a summary of how amazing this awareness month has been, we’ve got a little overview for you below…
2019 Turn It Purple Overview
Turn it Purple Petrol Pump ads
Adverts for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month were placed on the petrol pumps at three large supermarket petrol stations for 4 weeks in the lead up to and during November. Adverts were placed in Guildford, Newcastle, and Manchester for Turn it Purple!
Turn It Purple pack orders
We have sent out 249 TIP packs to supporters, businesses and pharmacies! We were delighted when Numark Pharmacy Group ordered over 4000 packs to be sent to their Pharmacy network too!
Shop orders & donations
Thank you to all those who have purchased items and made donations via our online shop. We received over 350 orders during October and November!
Thank you to all those who have set up or donated to our Pansy Tributes. This is a special place to remember your loved ones and raise funds. Click here to find out more.
Thank you to all those companies w
ho have supported us in various ways during Turn it Purple including:
- Pen Underwriting who Turned it Purple in their offices and also provided volunteers for Liverpool Street Station on World Pancreatic Cancer Day.
- Better Placed Recruitment who spent the month raising awareness across their offices, turning things purple and supporting us at Waterloo Station.
- B.fresh Juices and Little Vince Productions who both raised awareness, turned their websites purple and also donated a percentage of their online sales during November.
Thank you to everyone for being so
World Pancreatic cancer Day at three major London train stations
We launched our “This isn’t what you think it is! #PancreasNotPenis campaign, on World Pancreatic Cancer Day, by holding awareness events in three major London stations. To really emphasise what the pancreas looks like, we also had a number of inflatable pancreas at each station, along with one huge pancreas at Waterloo Station!
The day was an absolute success!
- We handed out over 10,000 symptom information leaflets
- The combined footfall for London Waterloo, Kings Cross and Liverpool Street stations was 651, 818, this is how many people we could have potentially reached and prompted to think about pancreatic cancer.
- We received an incredible £1,676 in total from the day! Thank you so much!
- Our social media reach was close to 1.3 Million people!
- New supporters and celebrity faces including Mathew L Carter, Jacob White and Jon Moses
- Over 30 amazing volunteers
If you would like to read more about it, take a look at Ali’s post here.
Send us your photos!
We’re in the process of collecting everyone’s photos together to create an album on Facebook so we can shout loudly and proudly about how amazing everyone has been at taking part this month.
However you’ve been taking part, we would love to see and share your achievements to show our gratitude for all your hard work.
Without supporters like you, we would not be able to do the work that we do.
Don’t forget to pay in your funds…
You can pay your funds to Pancreatic Cancer Action via your preferred method but don’t forget to let us know how much you have raised!
- Via our website www.panact.org/donate
- Via bank transfer to HSBC Account No: 41412345 Sort code: 40-23-15
- Send a cheque to our office, making it payable to Pancreatic Cancer Action. Send to: Pancreatic Cancer Action, Oakhanger Farm Business Park, Oakhanger, GU35 9JA
Please make sure that you mark all funds with your name as a reference so that we know it has come from you, otherwise we won’t be able to thank you for all your hard work!
Once again, thank you for supporting Pancreatic Cancer Action and for taking part in Turn It Purple. You have been amazing and with your help, we can make a difference!