Need something hot for these cold winter nights? Try having a go at this high calorie soup recipe!
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (45ml)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (150g)
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced small (400g)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely chopped (300g)
- 1x400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 800ml chicken stock
- 300g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 350ml full-fat milk
- 100g skimmed milk powder
- 100mls double cream
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the pot and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, stock and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk with the skimmed milk powder. Add this mix to the soup along with the cream.
- Blend the soup until it’s completely smooth. Adjust consistency by adding more liquid if required.
Click here to view our online cookbook for more recipe ideas.
Click here to order your free cookbook in the post.