Just when we thought the sun was settling into regular blue skies, the rain clouds have decided to make an unwelcome come-back. So we’ve decided to share our very own, high calorie, curry recipe to warm you up until Spring decides to properly arrive!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (80g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15ml)
- 2 tbsp curry paste (korma or rogan josh work well) (30g)
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated (optional)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and grated (350g)
- 400g tin of chick peas, drained
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1x400g tin of coconut milk
- 200g fresh/ frozen spinach
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and curry paste in a large pan, then fry the onion until soft.
- Add the ginger, sweet potatoes and chick peas, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and approximately 1/2 can of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook with the lid on approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and continue to simmer for another 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well, cook for another 10 minutes, then add the spinach. If using fresh spinach, cook until it has wilted (approximately 5 minutes). If using frozen spinach, simmer until this has completely defrosted and mix through.
- Serve with rice and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
Click here to view our online cookbook for more recipe ideas.
Click here to order your free cookbook in the post.