Iron Your Pyjamas! Pyjamas for PanCan is here!
If you're looking for the perfect post-Covid work awareness & fundraising event this year, we've got just the thing for you. Why not consider signing up to take part in our Pyjamas for PanCan day! For Friday the 8th of April 2022, we're inviting businesses, schools, community groups & individuals to ditch their usual wear and don their pyjamas to say "goodnight" to pancreatic cancer.
What is Pyjamas for PanCan?
Pyjamas for PanCan is a fun way to fundraise and raise awareness of pancreatic cancer in your workplace, school, university or local community group by wearing your pyjamas for the day. This year’s event takes place on Friday the 8th of April, but you can host your pancreatic cancer awareness event whenever you like throughout the year.
Why take part in Pyjamas for PanCan?
By taking part in Pyjamas for PanCan, not only will you be having fun but you’ll be raising awareness of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is the 5th biggest cancer killer in the UK with a five-year survival rate of only 7.9%. The majority of patients are diagnosed too late to receive lifesaving treatment and surgery. We know that pancreatic cancer can be survivable when patients are diagnosed early, which is why we have made it our mission to educate as many people as possible!
By hosting your pyjama day, you will not only be helping to help raise vital awareness on the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer but funding our vital work towards research, the educational learning we offer and the resources we create.
How to take part in Pyjamas for PanCan?
Taking part in Pyjamas for PanCan 2022 couldn’t be simpler. To take part and raise awareness of pancreatic cancer, you need to:
- Ask your workplace, school or community group to wear their Pyjamas for a day on the 8th of April or anytime throughout the month. Ask for donations of £1-2 on the day which you can do here,
- Register to take part and receive your fundraising pack
- Complete our PC Aware quiz on the day and educate your friends, family and colleagues about the signs and symptoms of PC
- Book an Operational Health Talk with one of our team members. You can learn more about our mission and how you can spot the early signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
- Share your pyjamas pictures on social media, making sure to tag us and using the hashtag #PjsforPanCan,
- Nominate a family member, friend or colleague to do the same!
We have lots of resources to help you make your pyjama day a success that are available to download here.
Whether you choose to host a pyjama coffee morning, run the best pyjama wearer competition, play games or host a fundraising event, that’s entirely up to you! Register here.
If you have any other questions about how Pyjamas for PanCan, or how you can fundraise for Pancreatic Cancer Action without having to change your outfit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.