This recipe for chicken casserole is very simple yet packed full of wholesome and nourishing ingredients.
Chicken casserole preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 1 Hour / Serves 4
|4 Chicken breast fillets, with skin and wing bone (600g)
||1 Medium onion, chopped (100g)
||½ Leek, chopped (75g)
|2 Large carrots, chopped (200g)
||Potatoes, quartered (450g)
||2 Cloves garlic, chopped
|1 Tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
||1 Litre stock
|2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 pieces each. Heat oil and butter in heavy pot suitable for the oven. Add chicken, skin down and cook until brown. Turn chicken over and colour.
- Add onion, leek, garlic and stir. Add tinned tomato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and season.
- Cover with lid and place in oven at 170°C for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with green vegetables.
You can find this recipe on page 105 of our recipe book. Click here to view online or order your free copy in the post