‘Give it Up forPanCan’: Kickstart your new year
Happy New Year! It’s the start of January which can only mean the start of a fresh new month, year and maybe even a time to challenge yourself.
After the wind-down of the festive season, you might be sick of the sight of naughty treats (or still enjoying what’s left of it before it’s back to normality) so we’ve launched Give It Up for PanCan!
Our campaign asks you to give up something you love for 31 days to help us raise vital funds and awareness of pancreatic cancer.
Don’t worry if you’re starting now or mid-month – you can borrow the days from February!
We’ve put together some suggestions to help you kick start your month-long detox:
- Decide on what you’re giving up – Are you stuck for ideas on how to take part? Or unsure of how to keep yourself motivated throughout the whole of January? Don’t panic, we’ve come up with some suggestions here.
- Take on a new challenge – Giving up something can be tough, so we’ve focused this year’s campaign around giving something up and taking on something new. Click here for some inspiration.
- Set yourself a target – The average donation to a fundraising page is £44. By setting yourself a target, people are much more likely to donate. It also gives you a target to work towards and helps you keep on track with your whole month of detoxing.
- Decide how you’re going to raise funds – Are you going to ask people to sponsor you during your month of giving something up or are you going to save money you usually spend and then donate that?
- Apply for match funding – If you’re fundraising, have you considered applying for match funding? Match funding involves a funder agreeing to match whatever funds you raise. This could be your employer so it’s worth checking if they offer a match funding scheme. Knowing that you’re being match funded could also increase your chances of people donating to you!
Remember that it’s entirely up to you with how you decide to take part. Don’t forget to let us know what your plans are as we’d love to know and to support you every step of the way.
It might feel like it’s going to be a long month now but once you get going the time will fly by!
If you want to take part – sign up to let us know what you’ll be giving up!