Get your spook on!
With Halloween fast approaching, what better time to get together with your friends at home or work and plan a spookyfundraising activity?
We have included our favourite ideas to inspire you this October.
Have some Halloween fun in your office or if you’re holding a party by asking people to dress up in their scariest or silliest Halloween costume!
Turn it into a fundraiser by asking for a small donation to go to Pancreatic Cancer Action.
You could even make it into a competition and give the winner a silly Halloween prize!
If you are buying an outfit this year why not do it through ‘Give as you Live’ and donate at the same time! Click Here to find out more.
Hold a movie fright night
Plan a movie night at your house with spooky decorations and ghoulish treats and invite your friends to come along! Pick some scary movies and serve some tasty treats.
Hold a Spooky Party
Organise for your friends and family to come to yours for a night of tricks and treats and ask for an entry fee to enter the party. Make your party memorable by:
- Decorating your house with spooky decorations and have an eerie soundtrack playing when they arrive.
- Make some frightening Halloween themed food and drink like hot dog fingers, spider cakes, scary sausages and ghostly gateaux.
Organise some ghoulish games you can play to make the party more exciting including games such as apple bobbing, Halloween garden hunt or wrap the mummy competition.
Sell Halloween Treats
Hold a Halloween a Halloween Bake a Change sale where you can sell some scary treats for people to buy.
Check out some of our favourite recipes below for some inspiration.
- Frozen Banana Ghosts http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/frozen-banana-ghosts
- Chocolate Bat Biscuits http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chocolate-bat-biscuits
- Slime Bug Cups http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slime-bug-cups
- Spooky Spider Cakes http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7734/spooky-spider-cakes
- Halloween Marshmallow Pops http://www.justataste.com/halloween-frankenstein-marshmallow-pops-recipe/
Guess the amount in the jar competition
This is a great one to do at work you could even include it if you are holding a party.
Put Halloween themed sweets into a jar and let people take a guess at how many are in the jar for a £1 per entry. The winner gets to keep the sweets in the jar!
Organise a Zombie Walk
Why not get all of your friends and family together to dress up as zombies and go on a night walk. You can pick a spooky route and ask participators for donations on the night or even for sponsorship.
If you want to set up a fundraising page you can start one here.
We would love to hear all about your spooky plans so please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the fundraising team on 0303 040 1770 and tell us all about it!