November is here, which means Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month has arrived and we have over 100 pharmacies across the UK getting ready to take part in our Turn it PurpleTM Pharmacy of the Year Award.
Pancreatic cancer is the UK’s fifth biggest cancer killer with one person dying every hour. With the help of local pharmacies, and the Turn it Purple campaign we hope to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer and familiarise local communities with the common signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
Here’s how your pharmacy can get involved.
What is the Pharmacy of the Year Award?
The Award aims to unite pharmacies across the UK, encouraging everyone to show their support for pancreatic cancer.
The primary goal for the Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award, is to raise awareness amongst pharmacy teams with a specific focus on highlighting the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer. As well as, educating pharmacy teams on how to spot early signs of the disease in customers.
In order to enter and be in for a chance to win our Pharmacy of the Year Award, you must raise awareness of pancreatic cancer in your pharmacy and one or more members of the pharmacy team will need to take our free e-learning module on pancreatic cancer- click here to find out more.
If you don’t want to enter the Pharmacy of the Year Award, you can still Turn it Purple! Click here to find out how.
Why take part?
- Turn it Purple is a great way to reach out to the local community whilst educating the public on pancreatic cancer.
- Pharmacy teams play a vital role in helping detect symptoms of pancreatic cancer in its early stages
- We provide all the resources needed to take part.
- A great campaign for Healthy living Pharmacies to take part in!
- Every pharmacy that enters our pharmacy of the year award will receive a certificate of recognition.
- November 15th is world pancreatic cancer day and it’s a great way to show support.
How to take part in our Pharmacy of the Year Award
To take part, all you need to do is:
- Order your free Turn it Purple pharmacy pack- click here
- Raise awareness of pancreatic cancer within your pharmacy and the wider community
- Further your own education on pancreatic cancer by taking our free e-learning module
Tip: get as many pharmacists and assistants to take the module as you can
The Winning Pharmacy
Not only will the 2018 winner be crowned our Pharmacy of the Year, but they will also receive recognition across all of our social media channels, with an average reach of 75,000 a week. The winner will also be given the opportunity to feature in our Action magazine and the Turn it Purple toolkit for 2019 as well as feature in leading pharmacy magazines which will be received by all UK pharmacies!
Our previous winner, Ade Williams, above with his team at Bedminster Pharmacy whom spread awareness to their local community by holding an awareness stand and dressing up in purple.
Deadline for entry is 9th December 2018.
For more information on the award and how to take part click here, email or call 0303 040 1770