Questions for my doctor about advanced pancreatic cancer
Finding out that you have advanced cancer, or a recurrence of your disease can feel overwhelming. The questions listed on this page may help you to understand your condition and the treatments you are being offered.
- What is the goal of this treatment?
- What would happen if I were to decline this treatment?
- Is this treatment part of palliative care?
- What is palliative care?
- How will this treatment effect my quality of life?
- Are there any side effects to this treatment?
- What other treatment options are available to me?
- Are there any clinical trials that I may be suitable for?
- When is a good time to stop treatment?
- How can I effectively plan my end of life care?
- What support is available to me and my family for managing advanced pancreatic cancer?
- Are there any other professionals or specialists who I should be referred to?