Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award
The Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award is back for its second year and we are SO excited for you to Turn it Purple with us! This year we are thrilled to announce that we will also be awarding one person with the Turn it Purple Outstanding Individual Award!
Last year we had over 100 pharmacies take part across the UK who went above and beyond helping to raise awareness of the UK’s fifth biggest cancer killer. We were delighted to announce our winners, Knights Oakwood Pharmacy Birstall. Their driving force behind them taking part was:
“If our awareness campaign saves just one life, then our campaign will have been a success.”
We have adopted this as the spirit and ethos of this year’s campaign. You do not have to enter the award but we would still love you to take part and help us save lives through early diagnosis.
Why enter the award?
Pharmacists and their support staff are well placed to identify key signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer by engaging with patients and by the medications prescribed and bought over the counter. Pharmacies therefore play a crucial role in aiding early diagnosis, which can significantly improve a patient’s chance of survival.
Pancreatic cancer is currently the UK’s fifth biggest cancer killer with one person dying every hour. However, new research shows that by 2026 it will become one of the UK’s top 4 cancer killers and by 2025, deaths form pancreatic cancer are predicted to be 25% higher than breast cancer in the EU.
Taking part in Turn it Purple is a fun way to engage with the team and the local community and raise much needed awareness of pancreatic cancer. It can also help you meet the quality criteria to achieve and maintain a Healthy living Pharmacy status.
You could win…
- Publicity in leading pharmacy magazines which will be received by all UK pharamcies
- Turn it Purple Pharmacy of the year Award
- Recognition across all of our social media channels, website
- Feature in our Action Magazine and next year’s TIP leaflet
How to take part
- Order your free Turn it Purple Pharmacy pack This includes everything you need to get you started. Including an award toolkit, awareness materials, fun props and much more!
- Refresh your knowledge of pancreatic cancer One or more members of the pharmacy team must take our NPA accredited learning module on pancreatic cancer to be eligible for the award. It takes just 10 minutes to complete and there is one for pharmacists and for pharmacy support staff. There is paper module in the Turn it Purple Pharmacy pack and a response card with a free post envelope to send off your answers.
- Raise funds and awareness of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer suffers from a chronic lack of awareness across the UK, please up us improve awareness by spreading the word in your pharmacy and local community. You can be as creative as you like, here are some tips:
How to enter
All you have to do is fill in and submit an online form letting us know what you have done to raise the profile of pancreatic cancer during Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month in November.
Don’t forget this year you will have the opportunity to nominate a member of the team you felt went above and beyond to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer. The winner of the outstanding individual award will be announced along side the Pharmacy of the year on the 9th of September.
Last year we loved going through all the award entries for the pharmacy of the year award. However, all the pharmacies that took part showed incredible dedication to raising awareness of pancreatic cancer so it was incredibly hard to judge!
We thought we would share a rough marking guide with you so you know what we are looking for!
Refer a Pharmacy
Help us raise even more awareness by encourage other pharmacies to take part in the Award – this will also get you extra points!
When entering the award make sure you enter the pharmacy you referred and what pharmacy referred you so we can keep track!