Pancreatic Cancer Aware Campaign 2017
This month, Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, we launched our biggest symptoms awareness campaign ever across the UK. Our Pancreatic Cancer Aware adverts featured in:
- Washrooms in shopping centres, service stations and railway stations
- 1,000 GP surgeries (which will continue until the end of March 2018)
- 10,000 Pubs and bars
- 300 Bus Stops
- Outside 100 Co-ops
- External and internal billboards in 20 of the busiest service stations
- National radio in Northern Ireland
- Targeted mobile advertising
The rationale behind our Pancreatic Cancer Aware campaign is that while there is no early detection test, the key to improving survival rates is getting more patients diagnosed early by helping the public, and healthcare professionals, to spot the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer at the earliest stage.
Our key message to all is if you experience any of the symptoms featured in the campaign, and they are persistent and NOT normal for you…you should talk to your GP.
In addition, we have adverts for Pancreatic Cancer Action on digital billboards at 16 of England’s busiest service stations and targeted mobile advertising.
Click on a photo to enlarge it and view as slideshow.