Pancreatic Cancer Europe
Pancreatic Cancer Europe is a European multi-stakeholder platform which aims at bringing together experts from all over Europe including academics, physicians, politicians, patient groups, journalists and industry with a common interest and willingness to improve care for patients with pancreatic cancer.
Why we need to stop pancreatic cancer being the forgotten cancer in Europe:
- 4th biggest cause of cancer death in Europe – if no action taken, it will be the 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths by 2020.
- It has the lowest survival rate of all cancers (<7% to 5 years)
- Huge variation in survvial across Europe
- Median survival rate (metastatic pancreatic cancer ) 3-6 months
- Patients with pancreatic cancer lose 98% of their healthy life expectancy at the point of diagnosis1
- Pancreatic cancer receives <2% cancer research funding
Find out more About Pancreatic Cancer Europe and what Pancreatic Cancer Action’s involvement is.
Carrato et al, 2015 ↩