Research governance and policy
We will ensure our research will be of the highest quality through our Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) which is made up of leading researchers from the UK, USA, Australia, The Netherlands and Italy. The SAC will provide expert advice to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Board of Trustees on the following areas:
- Develop and maintain an overview of pancreatic cancer research being undertaken worldwide, and to identify and make recommendations on the most appropriate areas for research investment by the Charity, either alone or in partnership with other organisations and in line with PCA’s Charitable Objects.
- Help identify and recruit external peer reviewers to undertake evaluations of individual research applications where applicable.
- Whether to fund specific research proposals and provide recommendations on individual grant applications.
- To make recommendations on the establishment of effective processes for inviting (and making decisions on) high quality research applications.
- To ensure clear, measurable outcomes such as evidence of project planning and budgeting, form part of the grant awarding process.
- Ensure that all research is conducted to the highest ethical standards, complies with all relevant regulations and guidelines, and is conducted in an environment which supports the highest standards of research governance.
Our Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) members will ensure that all research is conducted to the highest ethical standards, complies with all relevant regulations and guidelines, and is conducted in an environment which supports the highest standards of research governance.
SAC members have agreed to comply with Pancreatic Cancer Action’s (PCA) Research Policies: