What is radiotherapy?
Radiation therapy (also referred to as radiotherapy) uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be administered alone, or in combination with surgery, chemotherapy, or both.
Questions to ask the doctor before radiation therapy:
- Why do I need this treatment?
- When will the treatments begin?
- When will they end?
- How will I feel during therapy?
- Are there side effects?
- How will we know if the radiation is working?
- Will I be able to continue my normal activities during treatment?
Back to common questions about treatment
The information provided in this site, or through links to other websites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care and should not be relied upon as such. Read our disclaimer.