Involve Your Business
There are several ways companies can get involved in the raising awareness for pancreatic cancer either through partnership or fundraising initiatives. The benefits to your company could be access to new audiences and the public demonstration of corporate social responsibility. You will also be able to inspire and motivate your employees and have a positive impact on their and your customers’ health.
We can tailor the benefits to meet your company’s objectives and strategy. These may include:
- Positive PR opportunities and improved brand exposure
- A public association with a cause that affects your staff and customers
- A unique selling point over competitors
- Improved staff morale
- An opportunity to show good corporate citizenship in action.
Sponsors will benefit from the positive exposure to key audiences. Sponsorship opportunities include:
Publications: These include a range of awareness packs and materials containing information about pancreatic cancer aimed at both public and medical audiences.
Projects: For example education awareness programmes such as our GP Lecture series we plan to roll out to all parts of the country in the next 18 months.
Events: Educational events such as conferences for both public and medical professionals and fundraising events such as gala balls, sports matches and running events.
Payroll giving is one of the easiest ways to donate.
Encourage your staff to set up a regular payment through their salary to Pancreatic Cancer Action. Through payroll giving, employees can donate tax free. Employers take the deduction from the pay each month before PAYE tax, giving the donor tax relief. So a donation of £5 to Pancreatic Cancer Action only costs your employee £4 if they pay the basic rate of tax and just £3 if they are a higher rate tax payer.
If you do Payroll Giving you can register with an HMRC approved Payroll Giving Agency (PGA) such as Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) or Charities Trust . They will explain the simple process from setting it up to implementing payroll giving in the workplace. Once you have registered with a PGA, employees can complete a payroll giving/pledge form and had it back to your HR or payroll department who will deduct the donation from the employees’ pre-tax salary.
Cause related marketing
Cause Related Marketing (CRM) is a simple way to demonstrate your commitment to the challenges faced by your customers and their families affected by pancreatic cancer.
Increasingly, companies are taking the responsibility to help their staff and customers make informed lifestyle choices which will have a positive impact upon their lives. By featuring Pancreatic Cancer Action’s logo on a product, a clear message is sent to the consumer that the purchase of the product will be of direct benefit to the fight for improved survival rates for pancreatic cancer.
- Seven out of 10 consumers reported a positive change in their perceptions toward a company (BITC surveys, 2003; 2006)
- 48 per cent of consumers actually switched brands in favour of a corporate/charity partnership (BITC surveys, 2003; 2006)
- Partnerships with charities have a much greater impact upon the choices made by consumers than tie-ups with sport, music or fashion (Third Sector, 27/02/2008).
- 70% of CEOs report that they believe Corporate Social Responsibility is an essential issue to their business.
- 96% of Marketing and Community Affairs Directors have said they appreciate the benefits of Cause Related Marketing in addressing both business and social issues.
- 77% of Chief Executives, Marketing Directors and Community Affairs Directors believe Cause Related Marketing can enhance corporate or brand reputation
- 72% of those who have carried out Cause Related Marketing in the last year report that the number of programmes their business is involved in has increased over the past five years
Source: Business in the Community Corporate Survey III (2001) supported by Research International ISBN 0 9480 6308
Could you support us through a donation in one of the following ways?
- Make a charitable donation
- Help us with services, such as print or training
- Through offering a secondment scheme for your staff?
Involving your employees with fundraising initiatives can help motivation and assist in staff development, health education and team building. According to Business in the Community, employees who engage in corporate fundraising and community investment programmes:
- are significantly more likely to find their work interesting
- will recommend working for their company to family and friends
- credit their engagement in community activities to helping them manage people more effectively.
For more information on how your company can get involved with Pancreatic Cancer Action, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org